Dear Diary,
I feel like, as a Stay-At-Home Mom, I have an obligation to be a "Soap Opera" junkie. Well I have failed, and instead of filling my head with tragic love story drama on a daily basis, I spend my time being a "Talk Show" junkie.
A new talk show has recently sparked my interest. When I saw the publicity for TheTalk my first thought was, "How ridiculous. They are 'The View' wannabes." I swore I wouldn't watch it. Well one afternoon, during my favorite time of the day, nap time, I caught the beginning of the show and decided to stick it out and see what it was made of.
Conclusion? I like it. It is like The View minus the bickering between Joy Behar and Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the "never know if she's going to show up" Barbara Walters, the sometimes funny Sherri Shepherd and the "Oh my gosh, get the hair out of your face" Whoopi Goldberg.
Like The View, The Talk has 5 women who sit around a table discussing topics, followed by a celebrity or two who comes out for an interview. But, unlike The View, the topics are less debatable, and more charming. It's like 5 girlfriend sitting around a table rather than 5 women who more or less hate each other but want to get a paycheck.
The hosts include Sara Gilbert (star of Roseanne, aka Darlene), Sharon Osbourne (outspoken wife to Ozzy), Holly Robinson Peete (actress from Hangin' With Mr. Cooper), Julie Chen (host of Big Brother and wife to CEO of CBS Television. Wonder how she scored this gig?) and my favorite Leah Remini (I suppose you know her as the star of The King of Queens but I'll always think of her as Stacey Carosi from Saved By The Bell, the beach club years).
I have to say I have enjoyed watching it. One minute they can be discussing childhood obesity and with one quick fart joke from Leah or cuss word from Sharon, they are laughing and moving onto the next topic. Sure, it has its "View-like" moments, and to be honest Julie Chen bugs me about half the time, but I'll take it over The View any day.
Regis and Kelly still keep me company with my coffee in the morning until Addy makes me turn it to Sesame Street. And Oprah grabs my attention now and then with an interesting episode. And OF COURSE, The Ellen Degeneres Show does not get missed. She will always be my favorite. But, The Talk has now made its way onto my list of tolerable talk shows! Congratulations ladies!
Sincerely Yours,



No comments:
Post a Comment